Superior Optimization Process/Plant Operator 1
Superior Plant Operator 1
The Plant Operator 1 position is an entry level position (less than 5 years’ experience) with the introduction to monitoring, maintaining, and operating the equipment within the plant boundaries, and may be asked to assist with supporting equipment in the surrounding area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Introduction to the completion of operating reports, notification of environmental deviations, and equipment lockout/tag-out for maintenance and repair.
- Comply with all applicable EH&S policies and procedures.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements including (ex: eye protection, footwear, respirator).
- Must be able to pass pre-employment and annual respirator fit testing.
- Assist with routine and non-routine maintenance on plant and surrounding equipment. This can include equipment such as: Compressors Pumps Filter Houses In-Line Screens Piping and Valving Automobiles Pressurized Process Vessels and Supporting Equipment.
- Document all operational activities via plant logs and computer records.
- Ensure Proper Housekeeping.
- Must comply with facility regulations.
- Various other tasks as required.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED.
Must have experience in operation of a
cryogenic natural gas plant.
H2S alive with proper fit test
TDG and WHMIS
USE OF MACHINES, EQUIPMENT AND/OR COMPUTERS
Regular use of complex machines and equipment (desktop/laptop computer and software, road and production machines
and equipment, etc.) Use of respirator infrequently but as necessary.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must be 18 years of age. Must successfully complete all required pre-employment testing.
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Intermediate: Alphanumeric Data Entry, Database, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing Basic
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to talk or hear, taste or smell; and frequently required to stand, walk (on average 5 miles per day), sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, outdoor weather conditions; regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals; frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions, risk of electrical shock; and occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places, extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.